Friday, November 7, 2008

"Fish 'n' Chips" - Speaking From a True Brit!

Let me clarify a little bit for you...I was born in Manchester, England Home of the Famous “Fish ‘n’ Chips”. (Chips = French Fries in the states). In the UK, fish & chips became a cheap food popular among the working classes. I can vividly remember our “take-away fish n chip/James Bond nights”. (Bond was everyone’s idol at that time). Every Friday evening, my mom would take my siblings and I to a tiny fish n chip joint a mile away from our house, we would stock up on tartar sauce (a great dipping sauce) and ask for extra salt and vinegar on our chips. I strongly recommend malt vinegar, I know it sounds strange, but it is quite tasty. Fish n chips bring back a lot of fond memories from my childhood and I have yet to dine at or take-away from a place in San Diego that serves them just like they did back than. If anyone has any recommendations for a good fish n chip joint, please feel free to post your comments.

Happy Grubbing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know a great place!! lets go back to england first =P

Namrata said...

Pooja - that sounds great but England may not be possible right now...any ideas for any great places to get some malt-vinegared chips?